Reusable hot or cold pad contains soft squashy gel beads which mould to the shape of your back or shoulders (or any other area required). Can be heated in the microwave or chilled in the fridge or frozen. Elasticated velcro strap holds the pack in position. The extra large size of the pack retains the heat (or cold) for at least 20 – 30 minutes and covers a good surface area. The non-toxic gel beads are odour free (unlike grain filled wraps) and the pack stays soft and flexible even when frozen or beginning to thaw, unlike the traditional bag of frozen peas.
Hot or cold packs are a proven remedy for treating sprains and strains, migraine, headache, neck and back stiffness, sports injuries, bruises, swelling or inflammation, lower back pain and problem knees or ankles.
- Can be used hot or cold
- Adjustable strap
- Soft and flexible
Size: Gel pack is 34cm (13″) long x 14cm (5 1/2″) wide, total length including strap 122cm (48″)
Directions for cold use
1. Place pack in refrigerator or freezer for at least two hours, or overnight until desired temperature is reached.
2. Wrap pack in a towel then apply to the required area.
3. Do not apply directly onto skin, damaged skin or open wounds if frozen.
4. Do not apply for longer than the medically recommended time of 20 minutes.
5. Pack can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to use again.
Directions for hot use
1. Wrap pack in a moist towel and microwave for 30 seconds on high. For more heat, microwave in increments of 15 seconds.
2. Do not exceed 60 seconds heating time. Heating for longer than the recommended time may result in physical injury or damage to your pack or microwave.
3. Before applying check that the pack is not too hot and shake up if necessary to even out the temperature.
Note: Hot or cold packs should not be used by people with poor circulation, diabetes, nerve damage, paralysis or other conditions of skin insensitivity.